Wessex AR rotary mowers are the first choice for paddock topping & maintaining regularly mown grass areas. Well suited to general pasture topping or fine turf work, Wessex AR’s are popular on farms, studs and private estates, and will complement an ATV, utility vehicle or 4 x 4.
Available in 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m working widths, & with a variety of engine sizes, the AR Series rotaries are robust and durable machines ideally suited to private estates, farms, and studs.
Standard machines are fitted with side mounted wheels, which allow ground contours to be followed accurately without scalping. However, if a machine is required to mow close to borders and fences etc, the optional rear wheel configuration is available on the 1.2m and 1.5m models only. With wheels behind the machine, the weight on the ball hitch is greatly increased, therefore when using a rear wheeled machine, the towing vehicle must have adequate weight capacity on the draw bar.
If the towing vehicle has inadequate drawbar capacity, the third wheel option is available. The entire weight of the machine is now on its own wheels and the drawbar is floating.
- Standard side-mounted wheels
- In-line rear wheels (for cutting right to the edge)
- In-line with a 3rd wheel (to minimise weight on the drawbar)
- The drawbar can easily be off-set to one side, to allow the machine to cover one wheel of towing vehicle
- All models feature three overlapping rotors to eliminate uncut strips of grass, and rigid cutterbar blades for durability
- Drive is transmitted to the rotors via two vee-belts and a centrifugal clutch. Both belts are tensioned simultaneously by one simple sliding action of the engine mounting bracket.
- The height of cut is set by repositioning the wheels by means of a spring loaded pin mechanism on the wheel brackets. A turn buckle on the drawbar allows the machine to be levelled at any cutting height.