Wessex AF & AFC heavy-duty flail mowers have been developed to meet the needs of contractors, farmers & estate owners and are well suited to controlling dense vegetation such as brambles, bracken, long grass and the maintenance of forestry & woodland areas.
Designed to perfectly complement the versatility and ‘go-anywhere’ ability of ATV’s and UTV’s these flails are built to perform in demanding conditions – year after year.
Wheel options – AF & AFC flail mowers are available with four variations of wheel configurations, not only to suit any application but also to satisfy the legal requirements of the British HSE.
The standard version comes with 16×6.5×8 tyres on the end of the machine, in-line with the rotor, to ensure ground contours are followed accurately.
In this configuration the machine is very well balanced and the weight on the drawbar is minimal, which makes hitching to the quad an easy operation.
For use in boggy and wet conditions, the optional 22x11x8 flotation tyres are recommended.
Rear wheel option – if the machine is required to cut close to fences & borders, or the overall width is critical because or narrow access, the rear wheel option is available on the 1.2m version.
With the wheels behind, significant weight is transferred onto the drawbar, therefore the user must check the drawbar capacity of the towing vehicle.
When fitted with rear wheels, the AF has a screw jack on the drawbar to aid connecting to the towing vehicle.
Four wheel option – the AF & AFC are also available with four wheels. This gives you the best of both worlds as all wheels are within the width of the machine, and as all the weight is on the four wheels, the drawbar is floating and is therefore well within the limitations of the ATV.
Key features –
- High quality flail mowers designed for use with ATV’s and UTV’s
- AFC series feature a centrally mounted engine as opposed to the AF side mounted engine
- Available in sizes 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.6m working widths
- Four variants of wheel configuration
- Positive manual drive engagement for high performance and long-life
- Three Z-section drive belts for maximum cutting power – Drive is transmitted to the rotor via 3 high performance Z section belts, and a manual clutch. In rough work and dense material, this system is more efficient than a centrifugal clutch & allows the mower to cope with more demanding conditions
- 5mm steel plate deck for durability & strength
- Remote engine stop switch – to comply with H&S regulations all Wessex AF & AFC mowers are fitted with a remote engine kill switch. This ensures that the mower engine can be stopped instantly without the operator needing to leave his seat.
- Cutting height range of between 10mm – 160mm
- Heavy duty Y-pattern flails mulch material, before evenly distributing debris across the full width of the machine
- Simple screw-handle cutting height adjustment – by a simple screw handle mechanism at the rear which alters the position of the wheels, whilst a turnbuckle on the drawbar levels the machine at the desired cutting height.
- Adjustable drawbar to allow mower to be offset for cutting to one side of ATV, this is particularly useful when mowing to an edge.
- Swivelling ball hitch for increased safety this is a standard fitment. This is a legal requirement of the HSE.
- Anti-scalp roller – The full width adjustable anti-scalp roller takes the weight of the machines to eliminate scalping, should a wheel drop into a rut.